Wednesday, February 09, 2005

A journey that is peaceful...



I leave a lot of space just to feel. I don't know what complex means, but I really resist feeling like I can't reach the everyday person. That's really important to me, because that's what moves me. I hope that someone can just listen to my music and say, that's a nice beat. Or, if that want to take it further, that's good, but it just physically feels good.

When you say it's physical, that's interesting, because your music has a physical feeling in that it hits your whole person and surrounds you totally.

I don't really know what's happening in that way, but I hope that people feel that when they're at my show there's a space for them. That's what I like, and I try to do that. I want to transport you somewhere. Maybe that's the role of the arts, to offer a place to go, or a journey that is peaceful. Someone was talking to me yesterday about a place in Shibuya station in Tokyo. She said there are thousands of people moving through the station, and you turn a corner and suddenly there's a tearoom. You can't imagine you'd relax in Shibuya station, but they provide a calm space.

So you feel your songs are like?

a tearoom in Shibuya station. (laughs)
www.sheeba.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home