Tuesday, February 01, 2005

One Afternoon in North Beach...

"Have you ever been to a whorehouse? I mean a friend of mine went and he said he had never felt so dirty. I've never gone of course...Well I've gone to a massage place, you know, and it's business, just all business. You have to figure you sometimes get just one moment, one moment of ecstasy and it's gone. Grab it! Yeah right!"

"...Cooking is the closest thing to instant gratification there is. You chop it. You cook it. You eat it! Fuckin' great. I love it! I mean my whole life I do things that make me feel good so I learned to cook because I like to fuckin' eat!.."

"...Well, I have no confidence in this area so I avoid it. But now she's gone, there's a ritual that I have to face..."

"All of my friends are splitting. You are just like, one of four!"

"But where am I on the pain scale!"

"...You know what the kiss of death for a fuckin' relationship is? 'You are the perfect couple!' You hear that, you take it and run because that is bullshit my friend!.."

"...I don't give a shit. I miss her. There are similarities in our very souls and I don't want to lose that bond. She's off on one of her little pipedreams and, right off the bat, she's gone. She won't come back..."

"...That may happen. That may happen...."

"There might be some great physical distance between us, you know, but at least I know where she is..."

"...One day you'll pick up the paper and see her name..."

"...Hey I put nine years into this! So, a week ago, she's taking a shower and she's taken off all of her jewelry...'Oh, I bruised my finger and I can't wear my ring'...You know, she said...'I can't wear this anymore!'..You know what I did with my ring? I sold it , cause I got kicked in the balls!"

"...You know, since you've had all of these problems, I've been thinking 'Shit! It's tough out there!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home