Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Anne Bancroft 1931 - 2005



"If you want money and power and fame, go to it," she said in 2005. "But if you want something more, something that will last you your whole entire life, you have to be true to yourself. I did it. I looked at myself at a certain point and I said, 'Hey, this is not what I want.' So I changed. I had to."

That involved growing up and away from adolescent dreams of movie stardom. She became selective about the parts she took on. It was partly due to her age, she acknowledged, but also because she'd rather spend time at her Los Angeles home with her husband, Mel Brooks. And because she felt there was a dearth of good roles for women of a certain age. "You know," she said, "I don't think there were ever any good roles for women -- either in life or in the movies."
www.theglobeandmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home